The nomination period for the 9th Annual Excellence in Water Resources Management Award is now open!
Nomination period is open until July 30, 2018.
More information on previous award winners can be found on the Previous Winners page.
Click Here for the Application Form
Click Here for a PDF of the Application Requirements
NOMINATION CRITERIA FOR 2018
Up to three projects that exemplify outstanding management of water resources will be recognized. These awards will recognize projects in New Jersey, including those focused on managing groundwater, stormwater, and ecological resources. ‘Management’ includes the assessment, protection, and restoration of aquatic resources, whether at the planning or implementation stage. Projects will exemplify NJ-AWRA’s mission of advancing water resources research, planning, development, management and education.
Projects shall be evaluated on based on the following criteria.
● Projects shall demonstrate an innovative and effective approach to water resources management.
● Projects shall demonstrate partnerships among multiple stakeholders, such as government representatives (state, county, local), nonprofits and private entities. Special consideration will be given to nominations involving public/private partnerships.
● Projects shall embody the mission of the NJ Section and National AWRA (http://www.awra.org/about/Vision-Mission-Objectives-Brand-Promise.pdf).
● All projects must be located in the State of New Jersey.
● All entries must be received on or before July 30, 2018.
● Projects must be recently completed or nearing completion (projects completed prior to 2015 are not eligible).
● Previous winning projects are not eligible.
● Nominated projects are subject to an on-site inspection by the award committee.
● Nominations will be judged by an awards committee and the final award recipients will be determined by the executive board of the NJ-AWRA
● The NJ-AWRA reserves the right to select as many or as few projects for awards as it deems appropriate.
● Neither applicant(s) or project members are required to be members of NJ-AWRA.
· Completed application form
· A description of the project including the following:
o Location of project;
o Project purpose and need;
o Water resource improvements; and
· Narrative addressing how the project meets the award criteria including the following:
o Demonstration of innovative and effective approach to water resources management;
o Discussion of partnerships among multiple stakeholders, such as government representatives (state, county, local), nonprofits and private entities; and
o How the project embodies the mission of the NJ Section and National AWRA. (http://nsawra.onefireplace.org/Mission_statement)
· If appropriate, photographs, maps and/or drawings of the project
Submissions must be in digital format. Please mail either flash drive/ DVD/CD, or submit via e-mail (preferred) to Becky Traylor, 1716 Tulip Street, Philadelphia, PA 19125, email@example.com.
Nominations must be received by July 30, 2018.
* NOTE: Awards are project-based. Any person can nominate a project. Websites of the projects are also helpful.
**In the event a nomination is prepared by a person not directly involved with a project, written support of the nomination by the project sponsors/principal(s) (letter or email approval is sufficient) indicating a willingness to participate in the nomination process should be included with the application and/or forwarded to the awards committee prior to nomination deadline.